Thankfulness Thursday III

Thursday, November 15, 2018



Happy Thursday, friends!

It's been a rather gloomy week around here. We're going on day four of what feels like endless rain, and at this point, I'd give just about anything for some sunshine. On top of daylight savings and the cold weather, I am really not a fan of these gray, wet days. Here's hoping that sunshine is around the corner very soon!

In complete honesty, I wasn't sure what I was going to write about going into this post. As much as I love writing for Thankfulness Thursday, some weeks the words don't come quite as easily, and this was one of those times. School and NaNo (yes, I'm attempting NaNo. I'm a psychopath, I know.) have begun to make me feel like I've been robbed of any writing ability at this point. 

Then I opened my email. If you follow me on Instagram (shameless plug), you know that I can't get enough of Miss Elaini's weekly Dear Wednesday emails. They always seem to speak into exactly what I need to hear, and this week's was, ironically enough, about gratitude. It was the perfect reminder of why I love Thankfulness Thursday in the first place. Elaini wrote- 

"I needed to be reminded about how many good things there are all around us.  They exist every. single. day. We just have to have eyes to see them. That moment of gratitude was so helpful for me. It instantly started changing how I felt. No, my current problems didn't disappear but I was reminded that giving thanks brings a true joy. It lifts us from ourselves to look upward. (.....) Did you know that gratitude is proven to make you happier?! Just writing down three things you're grateful for each day can revolutionize your life. It's FREE and it's SIMPLE! Did I mention that it will bring you increased joy?! What isn't there to love?"

Not only was her email the perfect reminder of why I love Thankfulness Thursday, it also helped me to remember that gratitude doesn't always have to be in the big, massive things. (And that these posts don't always have to be intense!) There's so much gratitude in the everyday as well. 

So, this Thursday, here are some of the things that I'm grateful for...

// Blankets upon blankets upon blankets when the world is far too cold

// Nights at the theater with good friends, and works of art that tell stories that matter

// Cancelled classes

// Car rides with Jesus

// Rereading Harry Potter at midnight because I actually get to sleep in the next morning

// The sanity saver that is prayer journaling

// Peanut butter cups

// A job doing what I love surrounded by the people that I love

// Floral rain boots

Here's to celebrating the little things. :)

-----

Thankfulness Thursday Friends ♥

Send me your Thankfulness Thursday links and I'll share them here!


-----

In case you missed it...


-----

What are you thankful for this week?

15 comments:

  1. Love this! Last night I actually started a journal just to to write down my "favorite things". They're little things (people or instances or situations) that I see throughout the day that make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to start a journal like that so long! I think I'll have to do that this week. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this so much. Recently I haven't been looking hard enough at the good things in life, and I loved reading your list. <3
    Some of the blessings of this week have been 1. My time with Jesus. 2. Writing for NaNo. 3. cold whether so my dog gets to stay inside (even though he's an outdoor dog).
    Thanks for the reminder.
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all such wonderful blessings! I am so happy that this post could bring those things to mind. :)

      Delete
  3. Floral rain boots sound so cute!! Peanut better cups... okay, fun fact: I don't like them!! I love chocolate and peanut butter separate but together I can't handle!! Loved this list!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather gets better for you! I also hate when it's wet and gloomy.

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been much brighter lately, which I'm very thankful for!

      Delete
  5. Love this! Nothing brings me more happiness than cancelled classes.. It feels like the universe is being kind.. ;)
    Khadija | October's Lallu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Elaini's emails are amazing, aren't they? I don't always read them (in fact I need to catch up) but they bless me when I do.


    Yes yes. Here's to the little things.

    cheers.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her words so, so much.

      You make my day so much brighter, K. <3

      Delete
  7. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan