The First Impressions Project #2 // Aimee

Saturday, September 23, 2017

hello yes don't i have such a cute fren

Sometimes, internet friends become in-person friends, and it's the most wonderful thing ever. 

-----

Honestly, I could not tell you how I started talking to Aimee if my life depended on it. Neither of us can remember. We've been reading each other's blogs for over a year, but I feel like it was really only in the last six months that we started to talk a lot. (Aimee, if I'm completely wrong here please forgive me.) This began, as many fantastic internet friendships do, through Twitter. We soon after realized that we had a mutual love for writing letters, and Twitter developed into snail mail. Then, through a rather complicated chain of events, we realized that we were going to end up within a couple of hours of each other, and The Great Fren Meetup was planned. 

It was the absolute most lovely thing. 

-----

Last month, I posted about getting to hang out with Mary Shelley. A lot of you seemed to enjoy this post, which I dubbed The First Impressions Project, and so I thought that I'd bring you along for my adventure with Aimee. (Because you all need to see what a fantastic human she is.)

-----


Aimee is one of the coolest, most genuine humans that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Some people you just click with, and Aimee is one of those people. I learned lots of things in the four hours that we got to hang out. I learned that we have the same Starbucks order. (A java chip frappuccino, in case you're curious.) I learned that she is the absolute QUEEN of Pinterest, and if you are not following her, you need to be, because her boards are so aesthetic, I can't handle it. I learned that we both have a habit of sitting in chairs any way but the traditional way. I learned that she is much better at taking selfies than I am. And I learned that she is just overall an absolutely wonderful person. (Even though I already knew that tbh.) Aimee is one of the most passionate, driven people that I've ever known, and I love that about her. She told me about her different projects, and it was honestly the coolest thing to listen to all of her amazing ideas. You're going to see her novels in a bookstore one day, I guarantee it. She is honest and straightforward and blunt, but she is also so super kind. She has an endless list of book recommendations, and talking stories with her is one of the most fun things ever. She is so encouraging and will get super excited about your stories with you and for some crazy reason get mad at you when you're being mean to the lovely characters. She will also then discuss the best forms of hidden knives with you, so she has no room to talk. xD I could ramble for ages about how unbelievably awesome Aimee is, but we'd be here all day, so I will just say this- I am so thankful to have her as a friend. She is such a lovely human, and if you don't know her, you are missing out. I love you so much, Aimee! ♥

↠↠ FOLLOW HER↞↞




38 comments:

  1. AWWWW this is so sweet! + if you ever need someone else with whom to indulge your affinity for snail mail, hit me up!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH I LOVE YOU TWO SO MUCH. This is the most precious thing. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY DO YOU GET TO KNOW AIMEE IN REAL LIFE SO JEALOUS!!!!
    Can I join you in this Java chip frapichino party next time?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON'T EVEN KNOW I'M JUST BLESSED <3
      um, yes, please!!!

      Delete
  4. TBH everything about this is so lovely and sweet. But for reals though... Aimee is talented as heck! And her pinterest boards... <333 I seriously need to go listen to her podcast asap... <3
    xoxo
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DEFINITELY need to listen to her podcast! It's fantastic! Aimee is the best. <3

      Delete
  5. UGH GRACE I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN I GOT TO HANG OUT WITH I MISS YOU AND YOUR FACE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE YOU TO PIECES <3<3 I MISS YOU MY LOVELY FREN.

      Delete
  6. Aw this is so sweet! Glad you got to hang in real life! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome and sweet!! I love your both of your blogs and it's so cool you guys got to meet in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh this is so cool! You both are amazing beans <33

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet - I love these blog posts and really wish I could say I had the chance to meet up with some of you lovely bloggers in the blogger world. You two are both just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to get to hang out with you one day! You are too sweet. <3

      Delete
  10. I think these "first impressions" projects are so sweet ... and such a great way to share blogger love. Keep doing what you're doing, Grace Anne! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome! That must be so fun. ;)
    Just sayin, you should totally meet up with Daminika at Walking In The Sonshine....(hint hint xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a ton of fun!
      I'd love to meet up with Daminika one day!

      Delete
  12. aww it's so sweet that you got to meet up :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw this is so lovely, I love how blogging can bring people together! Can't wait to read more from your blog, following on GFC :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't blogging just the best?? Thank you so much for the follow, Elizabeth! You are too sweet. I'll be sure to check you out on Bloglovin!

      Delete
  14. EEEEP THIS IS SO CUTE AND WONDERFUL AND HOW DO YOU ALL GET TO MEET :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON'T EVEN KNOW I'M JUST SO GLAD THAT IT HAPPENS <3

      Delete
  15. UHGGHHH SENIOR YEAR CAN BE HARDDDD BUT OMG
    this is so cute! literally meeting fellow bloggers is THE COOLEST and THE BEST thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senior year is rough. xD It's great, though.
      Isn't it just the most wonderful thing?? It's so special. <3

      Delete
  16. I love your post, girl! It's so exciting to find fellow teen bloggers!

    Xo
    Taiya Maddison
    http://www.taiyamaddison.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Taiya Maddison!! You're so sweet!

      Delete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan