The First Impressions Project #1 // Mary Shelley

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Have you ever wondered what someone's first impression of you would be? It's a funny thing to think about. Being the introverted people that we are, my blogger tribe has discussed this many times, and I decided that I wanted to make a bit of a project of writing down my first impressions of people. Not all of them will end up here on the blog because y'know, I don't want some stranger suing me or something drastic, but I think this could be a fun little recurring series.

I'm cheating a little bit on this first one- this wasn't my first time meeting Mary Shelley. We actually met for the first time this past spring, but it was for a very brief amount of time, so we're just going to disregard that little factor for the moment. Anyways. Mary Shelley is a dear friend of mine, and I was so excited when we made plans to meet up for coffee. We ended up spending almost three hours together, and it was absolutely wonderful. She's the absolute sweetest human being, and everyone needs someone like her in their life.



Mary Shelley always reminds me of the color yellow. She is a field of sunflowers and bright sunshine, and she is the deep, vibrant yellow of autumn trees, and she is cozy mustard-colored sweaters. Her eyes sparkle, and crinkle around the corners when she smiles, which is often. When she listens, she wraps her hand over the top of her coffee cup and twirls the straw, and you can practically see her thoughts swirling. She pauses slightly before she speaks, telling stories woven with detail, many of which make me laugh. If you've read Mary Shelley's blog posts, or gotten to know her through the blogosphere, you have met the true Mary Shelley. She is exactly the same in real life as she is online, which I adore. We discuss all kinds of things, from school to writing projects to Broadway to personality typing, hidden away from the hot sun in a little alcove. We both comment on the twinkle lights, deciding that they make the world a better place. She laughs at my terribly random stories, and tells me all about her precious new puppy, Rocky. She is such a genuinely kind person, one who radiates joy and really does make time fly by. Mary Shelley, you are wonderful! I am so glad to have you as a friend. ♥

↠↠ FOLLOW HER↞↞



47 comments:

  1. Okay I'm literally crying. You are so sweet, and I'm so glad we could get coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3<3<3 It was so much fun!! I love getting to hang out with you:)

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I'll definitely be following this project!
    Mary sounds incredibly sweet too! I'l definitely be following her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan!!! And Mary Shelley is the greatest:) You should totally follow her- her writing is gorgeous. <3

      Delete
  3. THIS IS PRECIOUS I LOVE YOU GUYS LIKE NOBODYS BUSINESS CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU BOTH ONE DAY :''')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEETING YOU IS MY ABSOLUTE DREAM CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN ONE DAY :') <3

      Delete
  4. This is the cutest/sweetest thing ever. <3 Brb, feels.

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEPPP this is the sweetest thing. <3

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. psssst you should come visit and then I can write one for you <3

      Delete
  6. I love this idea for posts and I'll try not to steal it cause it's so charming <3 I'm hopping over to her blog right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally steal it!!! They're a lot of fun to write:) Definitely check her out- she's the greatest. <3

      Delete
  7. Fun post idea!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD GOSH this idea is so sweet <33 I'll def go check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :') I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!! YES check her out she's amazing <3

      Delete
  9. This is the sweetest post! I love it!! <3

    Also this could be the opening to a novel, it is so wonderful:

    "Mary Shelley always reminds me of the color yellow. She is a field of sunflowers and bright sunshine, and she is the deep, vibrant yellow of autumn trees, and she is cozy mustard-colored sweaters."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, not even kidding- a few days after I read this comment in my email, I got inspired and wrote the opening to a book based off of this. BLESS YOU FOR THAT IDEA <3<3<3

      Delete
  10. This is such a wonderful idea! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love this so much <3 You're such a ray of sunshine :) I hope you do more of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :') You always make me smile, Katie!!! <3 I most definitely will do more!

      Delete
  12. This is the sweetest, love the description <3

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Lauren! <3 Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  13. This is the most cute and lovely post series ever!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosssshh <3 I love this aND I LOVE YOU GIRLS <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. she's the cutest thing ever. I love her. I would love to meet you both someday AH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right???? She's so adorable I can't. <3 CAN WE ALL PLEASE HANG OUT ONE DAY??

      Delete
  16. This post made my heart melt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg grace I am dying with happy feels right now?? you are a ray of sunshine for doing this because I'm pretty sure it's everyone's dream to be described in this magical way. And I agree with Erin above -- THIS COULD TOTALLY BE THE START OF A NOVEL.

    I just... love this so so much. You're just spreading the blogosphere with happy vibes. :')

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um i'm crying now??? i can't??? :') AND I TOTALLY WANT TO WRITE A NOVEL THAT STARTS LIKE THIS NOW.

      this comment literally made my day wow. YOU ARE THE BEST KATIE GRACE <3 *tackle hugs you*

      Delete
  18. This is such a fun idea and I can't wait to read more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWWW THIS IS ACTUALLY THE CUTEST THING OMGNS. I love your descriptions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. JDLKSAJDLKJSFLKJDFLJ

    STOP

    I HAVE TOO MANY FEELS

    <333333333

    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!! I can hardly wait for more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to write more of them!!!! Thank you so much, Éowyn! <3

      Delete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan