The First Impressions Project #4 // Kate

Sunday, June 30, 2019


My favorite adventurer ♥

-----

Despite the countless hours I've spent in the blogging world, reading posts and finding new blogs and interacting with bloggers, I still remember the first time I landed on The Goodness Revolt. While I don't remember specifically the post that I was reading, I do remember my thoughts, in this specific order.
  1. Dang, I love the aesthetic of this blog.
  2. This girl's photos are ridiculously cool, she looks like she goes on so many adventures. 
  3. How is her writing so good???
  4. She sounds SO NICE but she's just too freaking cool and I have never been so intimidated in my life help. 
Then, somewhere along the way, Kate went from being "that ridiculously incredible human who I have absolutely no business talking to because she's amazing", to one of my absolute dearest friends, and I could not be more grateful. 


Kate Emmons is singlehandedly one of the most incredible human beings I have ever come into contact with. She is fierce and kind and is filled with so much passion for people and for her art and for life. She tells stories of her adventures so vividly that you feel as though you were there, and she asks questions and listens as though your own stories are so immensely important. The photo above is one of my absolute favorites, because it captures Kate so well - her beautiful smile and wonderful laugh. She talks with excitement about her third novel (coming out THIS SEPTEMBER!!), and I adore seeing just how much she loves what she does. I will forever stand by the fact that this girl is going to be the female C.S. Lewis of sci-fi. She has such a way with words, and I love seeing her take over the blogosphere with her stories.



Kate has the most wonderful gift for really being present. It's something that she talks about a lot on her blog, and something that is so evident in her as well. She makes you feel seen, and I think that's such a beautiful trait in a person. She is caring and wise, and just radiates so much joy. Time with her is so refreshing, because she reminds you of all of the beauty and possibility that there is in the world.



She is the best person to take on photo expeditions because she is fully prepared to strap her camera to a tree at any given moment to get the perfect group photo. She has the best travel advice and tales, and lets us all swoon over the story of how she met her husband. (They're precious and make me cry happy tears it's fine.) Her movie taste is spot-on, and I wish that we could have sat in that little pizza shop talking about characters all night. In short, Kate Emmons is a gift, and I feel so beyond lucky to have her.

-----

I love her, I love her, I love her. What's your favorite thing about Kate? And if you've yet to have the chance to get to know this incredible human, check out the links below and give her a follow. I promise, you'll be better off because of it. ♥

↠↠ FOLLOW HER↞↞

B L O G

Y O U T U B E

T W I T T E R

I N S T A

-----

In case you missed it - check out my previous First Impressions Project, featuring Katie's amazing sister, Abbie. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is so cool! She is one of my biggest writing role models. XOXO <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! What Kate is all about from your blog is a really neat perspective. I enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, V! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  3. Kate is such an amazing blogger!! I just love the Emmons sisters so much, they're so inspiring and amazing. Your meeting sounds like so much fun, I love how you describe it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they incredible? I could not love them more. <3

      Delete
  4. This is the best post: Kate is SO inspirational, both as a person and in what she preaches. Also her aesthetics are ON POINT. CANNOT wait for Resurgence this fall!

    (also this series is the best thing ever)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO READY for Resurgence, oh my gosh. Cannot even handle it. :')

      THANK YOU SO MUCH :'''') it makes me really happy:) <3

      Delete
  5. GA, I'M SO UPSET i wrote this huuugely long comment yesterday and apparently my computer went loopy and deleted it rather than posting it :') Let's have another crack at it then:

    I am so honored and blessed to have a friend like you. you are literally sunshine and you deserve all that is good in the world - the very best of everything. i'm so blessed to get a front row seat to watch your awesome life/dreams/goals unfold!!!! and everything you wrote here touched me so so much, I was inwardly weeping. you are one of the most AUTHENTIC people i have ever encountered (< abbs and i have literally had discussions about it) <3 Love you SO MUCH!!!

    can we all just go back to the mellow mushroom and talk for 3465132 more hours??? please????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh KATE. I love you more than I could possibly ever say and I'm just going to be over here crying. You are such a gem.

      COME BACK TO THE SOUTH SOON I MISS YOU <3<3<3

      Delete
  6. Honestly not sure what I could comment here that wouldn’t just repeat everything you already said. So I guess I’ll just shout wholeheartedly with you. “Kate is THE BEST.”

    k.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan