Thankfulness Thursday I

Thursday, November 2, 2017


Hey there, friends.

Before I get into this, I just want to go ahead and apologize. I’ve been so absent, not only here, but on your blogs and on social media as well. I am so sorry for that. I know that oftentimes, real life has to take priority over the blogging world, but consistency is really important, and I feel bad that I’ve been lacking in that area around here. I’m going to be working really hard to fix that in the upcoming month, but we’ll get into that another day.

As you’ve surely judged by the lack of posts (I have never posted only once in a month on here before. I’m mortified.), to say that this past month was crazy would be an understatement. October was honestly one of the busiest, most overwhelming months that I’m able to remember. It was filled with lots of really good things, but it was full. And it was really difficult at certain points. But that’s another thing that we’ll get into another day. (I promise, I’ll just do a full brain dump here at some point soon and fill you in on all of the insane things that have been going on as of late.)

But today, I don’t want to talk about all of that.

I want to talk about thankfulness.

If you’ve been around for a while (and if you have been, bless you), then you may remember that for the past two Novembers, I’ve done a series called Thankfulness Thursday. Generally, I would post a short list each Thursday in November of things that I was particularly thankful for that week, in an attempt to work on being more conscious of things in my life to be thankful for. This November, I want to continue the tradition, but hopefully elaborate on it a bit more. Lists are great, but I also think that it’s good to write out different situations or things that you’re thankful for in a bit more detail. I’m sure that it will vary in length from week to week, depending on time and such, but I’m determined to do this every Thursday. I would also love if you would join in as well! Last year I had several other bloggers come alongside me and do Thankfulness Thursday on their own blogs, and it was really cool to see the blogosphere erupting with gratitude. If you take part, I'll link you in my posts to share! So please, join in the fun!

-----

In all of the craziness of the past month,  I’ve really seen how many things there are to be thankful for, even if sometimes you have to look a little harder to find them.

I’m thankful for people. I know, I’m a complete introvert, and my mantra definitely still stands that people are terrifying entities. But I really do have some awesome people in my life. I’m thankful for people who love me even when I’m on the brink of losing my mind. I’m thankful for people who push me to get past my fears and just go for it. (psst psst love you aimee) I’m thankful for people who are thoughtful enough to randomly send me a super sweet text, and completely make my day. I’m thankful for people who listen to my rambles and laugh with me about stupid things and just make life better.

I’m thankful for opportunities. October most certainly was full of them, and while it was really overwhelming, I am so thankful for all of the opportunities that have come my way. More on that later as well, but I’m just really thankful for the different things that I get to be a part of.

I’m thankful for rest. Another thing that October taught me was just how valuable rest is. I have  a tendency to want to forget that I’m human and, y’know, ignore the fact that I need things like food and water and sleep. But I feel like it’s only when you’re engulfed in a ton of craziness that you really gain a full appreciation for those rare days when you just get to breathe.

I’m thankful for creativity. I have so many creative projects going on at the moment, and I’d honestly forgotten just how much I love it. It’s what I thrive on, and I’m so thankful that my life is such that I’m able to pursue the things that I love.

I’m thankful for a God who cares about every aspect of our lives, not just the big, dramatic parts. I feel like we have a tendency to think that God only cares about the huge things in life, but He shows up in the most unexpected places, and it’s the coolest thing to see. He is perfect in all of His ways, and watching that play out is pretty incredible.

Think about all of the things you have to be thankful for today, friends. It's pretty fantastic.


-----

• Thankfulness Thursday Friends 

Daminika @ Walking in the Sonshine



I MISS YOU GUYS! How's life going? What are you thankful for today? ♥



35 comments:

  1. I want to hug this post. It made me so happy and I just love it. Your writing style always reminds me of one of my best friends in real life, Seriah Getty. You might know her from twitter.

    ~ Ella Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to hug YOU! <3 You're the sweetest, Ella Marie. And yes, I've seen Seriah on Twitter! She seems super cool! :)

      Delete
  2. This post is so beautiful, Grace! I love the idea of Thankfulness Thursdays!

    I've only been blogging for about a month now, but I'd love to participate in doing Thankfulness Thursdays on my blog... Are there any specific requirements/details of how I should do this? Thanks! =)

    -Madeline Joy
    towerofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Madeline Joy! I am so sorry that I am so late getting back to you. It's been a crazy week- I'm so sorry!

      I'm so glad that you like the idea! I'd love for you to join in! There are no specific requirements. :) Just post about what you're thankful for! If you do, send me the link- I'd love to share your post. <3

      Delete
  3. Yay! It's this time of the year! I mean first of all, how is it November? But I remember doing a thankfulness Thursday last year.

    Being thankful for people is definitely one thing that I can agree on. People are amazing in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't understand how it's possibly November. I remember you taking part in Thankfulness Thursdays last year! I loved that! :)

      So many people to be grateful for. <3

      Delete
  4. I love this! I think I might try to do it too. We'll have to see. *winks*
    My life has been kinda busy.
    ~Daminika
    lifeonpoohcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you've been joining in, Daminika!

      Delete
  5. I've missed your blog so much! Hope you have a more relaxing November. I totally feel you with the getting rest thing...you honestly need sleep, food and water first and foremost to function, but that's something that I'm not always good at LOL. Love the thankfulness! It is the best thing that God is present in every area of our lives and just loves on us all day long. Happy November! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I've missed you, Erin! You always make my day brighter. <3

      It's weird how much we put off taking care of the things that we ACTUALLY need to function. xD It just always seems to fall to the bottom of the totem pole!

      Thank goodness for His presence and love! <3

      Delete
  6. I left for a minute and my computer says comment published. I didn't publish one. What went through?!?!?!? Hahahha!

    I loved this post, Grace! I do a Thankful Thursday list each Thursday of November, too, and have for years!!! The only difference is... I decided to go into LESS detail this year, haha. I decided I wanted it to be less of a to-do thing than it has been the past couple years and more of a gratitude sparking time of thought. But the heart of the reasoning is still the same! My post is here, if you want to check it out: www.forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com/2017/11/thankful-thursday-fall-blessings
    We're happy to have you back, Grace, although we understand when life gets busy!
    Blessings,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, that's so weird! Technology is bizarre sometimes.

      I totally get why you would decide to go into less detail this year! Sometimes it can be a lot more helpful. It just kind of depends on where you are, I guess! I'll be sure to check your blog out, Bri. :)

      Delete
  7. I like this a lot! There's always something to be thankful for, and it's amazing how just thinking about it can change my mood. :) Maybe, maybe, I'll join in this November! It's a great idea, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your thankfulness posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I did it! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad that you joined in, Jessica! I loved your post! <3

      Delete
  8. This was so encouraging! We all need to be thankful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you were encouraged by it, Samantha! Thankfulness is so important. :)

      Delete
  9. Wonderful post. October was an insanely full month for me as well!! So I get you there, girlie.
    Life is good. Still busy, auditions are next week, my Youth Group is going on a one-day retreat next Saturday, and I get to eat Halloween candy today soo....
    I am thankful for this blog. <3 <3 <3 I was sort of really tired because I just finished a biology summary, but then I saw the new post and swung on over here and the pinkness and the sunshine-yness and the honesty was just what I needed. Thanks so much for that, Grace. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not the only one who drowned a little bit this past October. xD

      Ooh, auditions? What did you audition for? How did it go?

      Amelia, you have no idea how much that meant to me. When this comment popped up in my email, it completely made my day. So thank you for that, sweet friend. <3 I appreciate you so!!

      Delete
  10. *whispers* I am thankful for my freeeeen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful that I'm able to jump back into the blogging world after a hecka busy month myself and find other bloggers trying to balance blogging in their life as well! Missed reading your blog, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Grace Anne! :)
    I can relate. so. much to life being the craziest thing ever. Agh! time just marches on and we’re left blinking. xD
    I, too, am grateful for people. Crowds! The more the merrier lol!! But I know what you mean—big crowds can certainly be intimidating at times.
    Love your blog!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy how quickly everything moves? I can't believe it sometimes.

      Crowds can be intimidating, goodness. But I'm super thankful for people. <3

      Thank you so much, Maxene! That means so much!

      Delete
  13. I feel you, Grace. The balance between social media and real life has got to be one of the hardest lessons in this modern age.

    Ah, I'd love to do Thankfulness Thursday but alas I'm taking November off blogging to work on my novel. But maybe next year!

    I'll just list a few things real quick. Thankful for:

    - all the kind responses to the launch of my blog.

    - writing my story this month and not hating it as much as I thought I would.

    - oh yes, so thankful for people.

    - the fall weather and hopefully all the cold that comes with it


    cheers.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SUCH a hard balance to find. I feel like no matter how much I try to work it out, it's never quite where it needs to be.

      I hope that your novel has been going well!! <3

      Your thankfulness list just warmed my heart, Keira. Thankful for YOU. <3

      Delete
  14. I absolutely love this. I think that gratitude is something that can drastically change the way we think at life. It's so important to be grateful for even the little things in life, because that is what makes life what it is. I've been writing 3 things down at the end of everyday that I'm thankful for. It's just really changed my perspective to finding the good in the day instead of the things that seemed to go wrong. Because honestly my life is about as carefree as it is ever going to be at this point beyond my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you've been working on gratitude! That's such a great habit to maintain. You always have such a great perspective, Lauren!!

      Delete
  15. I love this, Grace Anne :) I know, life is crazy sometimes. But at least life is going well. Gratefulness is one of the most beautiful things about November :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest, Autumn. <3 Crazy but good- so thankful for it. I hope you've been having the loveliest of Novembers, sweet friend.

      Delete
  16. LOVE this Thankfulness idea!! And I'm also so learning the importance of REST ... whew. It's hard, but so so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man oh man, rest...why is something so simple so difficult? Goodness, it's worth it though!

      Delete
  17. I love Thankfulness Thursday! I'll definitely have to do at least one this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you joined in for Thanksgiving, Hanne! <3

      Delete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan