Dancing With The Stars- Week 3!!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Hey everyone! I'm actually blogging this episode as it airs, instead of going back and writing it later. So without further ado, let's begin!

Rumer and Val were up first with a Disco-themed Salsa. Wow! That was impressive. Rumer actually made disco look cool. Maybe it was the fusion of the two styles, but it was just amazing. Rumer really performed this number, and it was so exuberant and fun. I loved it! Haha, I love how she accidentally busted Val's lip in rehearsal. XD Probably the most random DWTS injury ever! She scored a 33/40, which was really good. :)

Next up, we had Charlotte and Keo. It wasn't horrible, but I personally didn't think that it was very well done. There just wasn't much rumba content. It was like all that she did was different flexibility tricks and then walked around. I don't know if it was just Keo's choreography, or it was all that she was able to do, or what. I'm really not sure. Haha, I loved Bruno's comment. He basically said that she wasn't smart, but she was pretty. XD That made me laugh a lot. And then Len was like, "Your feet...I just don't want to talk about it anymore." Hahaha, I was laughing so hard. I'm glad that they were hard on her, hopefully she'll improve. Her scores weren't good at all, a 22/40.

Oh my gosh. In the rehearsal package, I really thought Michael was going to break Peta! The camera person literally had to catch her. Really, Michael? DON'T KILL PETA!! The dance itself wasn't bad, but Peta is so exuberant and amazing that it was hard to watch Michael. When I did watch him though, it wasn't great. He was off timing, and he was way too tight. The lifts were fun, but the transitions in and out of them weren't quite as smooth as they could be. And I know that that's hard, I've done lifts before, but it just needs work. I agreed with his scores, he got 24/40. And I've just got to say, Peta's hair- literally perfect. I loved it. I want to try it on my hair now! If I get it worked out, I'll going to have to post a tutorial on it. :)

Hahahahaha, Riker and Allison's package killed me. Riker trying to be sexy- so funny. XD And wooooow. I was ASTONISHED at that dance. It was soooo good. I knew that he was good, but that was incredible. The beginning was a little shaky, but the dance itself was great. In the middle, the footwork was so cool. Allison's choreography was on point. I just can't even put into words. Wow.  He is a definite contender. I loved the tribal theme. Obviously the judges agreed- except for Len. He gave a 7. Really, Len? The others gave 9's, for a final score of 34/40.

Suzanne and Tony danced next. Now, they weren't flawless. But let's be real. She's 68. It wasn't as good as last week's, but I really liked it. Her enthusiasm is contagious, and it's just so much fun to watch her dance. There was a lot of content, and while she occasionally did get off of the music, it was pretty good. Carrie Ann said that she wanted more depth, and Tony's reaction to that was really funny. ;) "Well, I don't know her idea of depth." He was so ticked...it was funny to watch. And yet he still keeps the toothpaste-perfect smile! ;) That was great. Tony's one of my favorite pros. 25/40.

Chris and Witney were the next couple up. (Loved Witney's hair in the rehearsal package, it was this Dutch braid into a ponytail, super cute. I'm going to have to try that!) They danced an Argentine Tango. I think that it was the best he's done so far. The lifts were really cool, and a lot cleaner than Michael and Peta's. I loved the one when he lifted her above his head, and when she jumped and spun and he caught her, it looked great. I want to try some of those lifts now! 28/40.

Next up, we saw Robert and Kym. Oh my gosh, he has a shirt that says Team Sharkaroo. That's like, the cutest team name ever. And they are so. darn. cute together! Agh. I ship it. Their Rumba was really sweet. They're a great partnership. He wasn't as fluid as he could be, he needed to be a little bit smoother. But overall, I really enjoyed it. It was just a beautiful dance. Erin said that Kym was wearing a "Vegas wedding gown" which cracked me up. :D Kym and Robert got their first eight!! I was very happy. 29/40.

Patti and Artem were next with a cha-cha. She cracks me up every week. Technically, she's not perfect, but I just love to watch her. It's always 100% fun. There wasn't a ton of cha-cha content, but it was super entertaining. 22/40.

Willow and Mark performed a pasodoble next. They did this super cool fire/ice theme that I absolutely loved, the costumes were great. Mark's ice costume was so cool. It wasn't her absolute best dance, but it wasn't bad. I just felt slightly underwhelmed, I'm not sure why. It's not something I could really place why. I just don't think she quite committed enough to the dance. She was really nervous, so I can understand how she would be nervous. She got a 32/40, although I think I might have given her a 7.

Next, we saw Noah and Sharna dance. They tried to introduce a prosthetic arm this week, but it was just a bit too much. I know that had to be super hard for him. They danced an Argentine Tango, which was hard with his prosthetic leg, but it was really good. The lifts were absolutely flawless, he's so strong and Sharna just executed them gorgeously. Len called Noah 'his hero', which must have been so incredible to hear. Len is right though, Noah is just so inspirational. He scored a 30/40; I wish he'd gotten 32 but oh well. Still a decent score.

Going last, we saw Nastia and Derek. They were awesome. My living room was applauding!! XD Considering that they spend hardly any time together, they have great chemistry and work really well together. The technique was great, and Derek did an amazing job choreographing. Nastia's flexibility was very well displayed, she's just so talented. I can't quite express my love for this routine. They scored a 34/40.

Now it's time for the part nobody likes. Elimination.

Chris and Witney, Charlotte and Keo, and Noah and Sharna were all brought down to be in jeopardy.

YES!!! Noah is safe. He should never have been in jeopardy in the first place.

Charlotte and Keo were eliminated, and I can't say that I was too sad. She was never my favorite, and I felt like she was kind of playing the victim last week.


So, what did you think? Who was your favorite couple? What did you think of the elimination? Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I love these posts <3 I don't have cable, so I just read your summaries of each dance and then look them up on YouTube, it works pretty good ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) Haha, that's a really good system!!

      Delete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan