Happy Valentine's Day! + Easiest Snack Ever

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hello everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! :) I know that some people get down in the dumps about Valentine's Day because they're single, but honestly, I really love the day. You get to eat food, spend time with family and friends, and make funny cards! I see nothing wrong with this picture.

So, I felt bad that I hadn't baked/made anything food-wise for Valentine's Day. I kind of procrastinated it, big shock there and I couldn't really find a recipe that I just LOVED. But today I was like, you know what, I need to bake SOMETHING! So, I went with something super simple, that is virtually impossible to mess up. (Although I could have burnt the chocolate, so hey, I did something right!! :D )

Chocolate Covered Pretzels!

I kind of am in love with chocolate covered pretzels. Like, they are amazing. SO, I decided to make some today! I really need to make them more often. :D


Literally all that you need are pretzels, white chocolate, and sprinkles. The sprinkles are optional. Wait, why would sprinkles be optional? Why WOULDN'T you use sprinkles?

USE THOSE SPRINKLES, GIRL!!

.....aaaaaanyways. So if you want, you can dye the chocolate with food coloring, but I decided that I wanted to keep it white, to highlight the sprinkles.


So, pour aaaaaaaaaaall of the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and then melt them according to the instructions on the bag.


You have your delicious melted chocolate, now you just dip! I don't have any photos of me dipping the pretzels, because I was kind of wrist-deep in white chocolate goodness. So, unless I wanted to get chocolate on my camera, photos just weren't happening.

Honestly, It's easiest just to dip them with your fingers. It's insanely messy, but it works. You have to work fast, otherwise your chocolate will harden and you'll have to melt it again. Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything. :P

You also have to pour the sprinkles while the chocolate is wet, otherwise that won't work either. I actually already knew that!! Woo hoo, ten points to me! :D

I just let mine dry on wax paper. Let's be honest, they aren't exactly gorgeous, but hey, they're delicious!


Once they're dry, enjoy!!! I just had to take a cutesy picture of them haha. Note my nice little heart bowl. I have to at least try to look like a competent blogger here.

Well, hopefully you'll try my delicious Valentine's Day snack! I love making these year round- you just change the sprinkle color!!

I hope that you've all had a great Valentine's Day! :) <3

2 comments:

  1. I've made something similar to these before and they are SO addicting! White chocolate is the only chocolate I like, so it really is a win for me!
    Followed your blog, by the way! I have really enjoyed reading your posts.
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are!! White chocolate is just so delicious :):):)
      Oh, thank you so much! I'm so glad that you enjoy them. :) I'm a big fan of your blog as well!

      ~Grace Anne

      Delete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan