The Super-Mega-Uber-Awesome DIY Costume Post!!!!!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

(just a note for you all, I wrote this yesterday, so it's kind of in past tense..)

Hey everybody! First off, I'm really sorry I've been so inactive. I was out of town for a few days (a post on that soon!!!!), and then I was absolutely crammed with schoolwork. Chemistry is BRUTAL. -_- So, I've been really sad that I couldn't do more Halloween posts, but it have one more for you all before the big day tomorrow! Drumroll please.....



I figured that I owed you guys one final Halloween post, and to make up for the week I went without posting, I'm making it a huge blowout post!!! I hope you enjoy!!!! I spent the entire afternoon working on these costumes, so I really hope you like them. Without further ado... Here you go!! :)

#1. Cute Cat!!

Prep time: 15 Minutes

I have to say, this one is one of my favorites. It's so fun, and so simple! Plus, it's so cute and comfy!!
So, all that this costume needs is a black top (I used the holey sweater I talked about a while ago), black leggings or yoga pants (I wore Danskin leggings), and some black shoes. I wore these cute suede boots I got a few years ago from Payless, but if I wear this for Halloween, I'll probably wear the wedge booties I talked about a few weeks ago, because they're more comfortable. :)
For hair and makeup, I went for something fairly simple. For hair, I just did two high pigtails, but you could also do two buns, or wear felt cat ears. Then for my makeup, I just did winged eyeliner (which took AGES to get even :P ), drew a little heart-shaped nose, and added some cute little whiskers with liquid eyeliner. It all could be done within a matter of minutes, so it's cute AND fast!!
Andddd... Here's the final look! Isn't it cute? I love it. I look SO pale in these outdoor pictures, it's weird. :P 

#2. Hipster Rapunzel

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

So, I kind of love Rapunzel. Plus, I've been told I look like her, which makes it even more fun!! 
So, all you need are purple skinny jeans, and a light pink top. I added a white jacket since the only top I had was a tank top, and I didn't want to freeze. 

I love this! So, all I did for makeup was basic makeup with some pale pink lipstick. I added purple flower earrings, braided my hair, and put some cute flowers in it. The nerd glasses add a bit of Hipster flair. And what is Rapunzel without her frying pan for protection?? I thought it was the perfect finishing touch :)

#3. Hipster Elsa

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Since I was doing Rapunzel, I thought I would also do her cousin, Elsa! Ever since I saw Frozen, I just can't seem to...let it go. ;)
This costume is similar to the Rapunzel one. White skinny jeans, a pale blue tank top, and the white denim jacket. This outfit was really easy to put together, and oh so fun!!
Cute, huh? I reused the nerd glasses from my Rapunzel outfit, French braided my hair, and added some snowflake earrings and red lipstick. This was a super fast and easy costume, and I thought it turned out great. :)

#4. Halloween? Whatever.

Prep Time: 5 Minutes

So, this costume is for everyone who got so busy with life, that you didn't get to make a costume! Maybe you found yourself home on the couch when the first Trick-or-Treaters came to the door, and you're sitting around in old sweats. You might as well make yourself look cute! So, here's a five minute outfit that's adorable for Halloween!!
Literally all this costume requires is a Halloween top and a pair of black leggings. Easy!! :)
See? Simple AND cute! For hair and makeup, I just did a pony with a stretchy black headband, and basic, everyday makeup. I thought that the candy corn earrings added a perfect touch! Then again, I have more earrings than is probably socially acceptable, so...

#5. Cruella DeVil

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

I think that Cruella DeVil is a really fun character. She's so wacky, that this costume was so fun to put together!!
This one has the most pieces of any costume. I used a black tank top, a white denim jacket, a black scarf, this skirt I found at a thrift store, black leggings, and black character shoes. (Basically just heels)
Isn't it funny? I love it! All I added was some red lipstick, and then I teased my hair. My sister's Dalmatian was "volunteered", on the promise that I didn't hurt it haha. 
Had to send one more pic!

So, what did you guys think? Which one should I wear for Halloween tonight? Again, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post. :( I've missed it!!!! Let me know what you all think of this post in the comments section!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan