Thankfulness Thursday III

Thursday, November 19, 2020


Happy Thursday, friends!

Late last week, I remember thinking, "I'm going to knock out all of my work in the next few days, and then I can work on some creative projects over the weekend". Well, it's Thursday, and those creative projects have yet to be touched. It's just been that kind of week. :-) 

The semester is on its way out (20 more days!), the air is cooling as the trees continue to grow bare, and I'm finally beginning to feel like it's time for the holiday season to make things a little bit warmer and a little bit brighter. Late November always feels like the strangest in-between, and this year's strange to begin with, but we're here anyways. It's a little odd, a little overwhelming, but we're here.

And that's something to celebrate, I think.

I like to think of gratitude as "intentional noticing" - paying attention to the little moments that matter. It's something I'm pretty sure I'll be working on for the rest of my days, but I know that it makes life so much sweeter. So every day this week, I scribbled down those "hey, look at me!" moments, however small. I highly suggest giving it a try this week - especially if you're feeling a little overwhelmed.

I'd be lying if I said that my brain wasn't a little fried this week from one too many hours staring at graphic design workspaces and law briefings, but having something to bring me back into focus every day was a lifesaver.  So here are some of those moments from this past week for me - what were yours? 

-----

M O M E N T S

Friday - I went to the mall for the first time since the pandemic began, and it was weird and wonderful all at once. I didn't buy anything, but I wandered and looked and listened to the Christmas music play. My favorite store was filled with velvet skirts, and it couldn't have felt more like the holiday season was finally here. That night, I got to watch Kenzie slay her poetry slam over Zoom (she took SECOND and I was so proud), and we watched You've Got Mail. I think I love it a little more every single time. 


Saturday - Golden light and checking things off the list. Good conversations and quiet space.

Sunday - Sunday was probably my peak overwhelm day, with all the things seeming to hit at once. But then late that afternoon I got a text from a dear friend, and, against my better judgement, the next thing I knew, I was driving to a coffee shop to meet up with him before he headed back to school. The air was chilled and the sunset was gorgeous and I hadn't seen him since August, and when I got home my to-do list wasn't any shorter but I could breathe again. 

Monday - Outdoor dance classes and talks with a friend. My elementary babies learned their choreography the quickest they ever have, and I was quite proud. :-) When I got home, I sat in the leaves and talked to my mom as the sun slowly set.

Tuesday - Catching up catching up catching up. Getting to design logos and sketch botanicals instead of editing law papers. Finishing hours of Zoom calls with a checked-off list of multitasked work to show for it.


Wednesday - Getting a presentation that I'd been dreading for a month out of the way. My cat deciding that I had worked long enough and promptly sitting on my laptop, then sitting on me. Light dancing on the walls and making the world a little more beautiful.

-----

Thankfulness Thursday Friends 

Keira -- Close to Nothing

-----

In case you missed it...

Thankfulness Thursday I

Thankfulness Thursday II

-----

What are you grateful for this week, friends? I'd love to hear. And hey - I'd love for you to join in the Thankfulness Thursday challenge. Be sure to drop a link in the comments if you do - I'd love to share it, and I'd love to see it. ♥  Check out the beautiful posts above, or head over to my instagram to see some of the incredible humans joining in over there on my story - I love them all so dearly.

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the cooler weather.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that I purchased my turkey for Thanksgiving. I am thankful that my sister and I cleaned up most of the fallen leaves in the front of our house this week.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. grateful for miracles and the clarity they bring.

    xoxo.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan