The First Impressions Project #3 // Abbie

Monday, June 3, 2019


This coffee date was three years in the making, and it was worth every second of the wait. ♥

-----

I've watched so many of Abbie's YouTube videos over the years that I honestly felt as though I already knew her, but internet friendship with Abbie Emmons can't even compare to getting to hug her in real life. She is simultaneously exactly as she appears online, and at the same time even better. 

As I scanned the coffee shop looking for the Emmons sisters, Abbie's bright spot of yellow was the first thing that caught my eye. Everything after that was just complete and utter joy. 

We fangirled over books, our various story ideas, blogging, and lots of personality typing. I think that it's dangerous for Abbie and I to be in the same room if the Meyers-Briggs test comes up, because she and I could rant about that all day long. Our shared love of taking as many photos as possible results in lots of selfies, book shots, and coffee photos, and I love having someone who appreciates the beauty of colorful bookshelves as much as I do. We also agreed that we would be great travel buddies, because we would both be content to just sit on the beach with books forever. The beach + books + Abbie sounds like a pretty perfect combination to me. As wonderful as the conversation was, though, Abbie herself was the real joy.

Abbie is pure sunlight. (Appropriate considering she's the AUTHOR of 100 Days of Sunlight but we'll scream over that at the end of the post.) She radiates the most lovely, peaceful joy, and it is one of my favorite things about her. She has the brightest smile and blue eyes that sparkle when she laughs. She is the most beautiful picture of quiet strength. She tends to listen more than she talks, but when she does speak, it is filled with so much wisdom, intelligence, and humor. Seriously, this girl is SO SMART. I could have sat there all day just asking her question after question. (Abbie, if you ever want to start an e-course on How To Kill Life Like Abbie Emmons, we would all buy.) Her blog is all about being multitalented, and there really isn't a word that could better describe her. Throughout the entire conversation, different projects and ideas of hers would come up, and Kate and I would just fangirl over the fact that she is good at literally everything. Like I said, if I could have asked her questions all day, I would have. She is the epitome of a #girlboss, and I felt lucky just to get to spend time with her. Abbie is an explosion of light and joy and brilliance all packed into the sweetest human alive, and I hope for so many more coffee dates like this one with her.


The other thing that we fangirled over on this lovely coffee date is that Abbie is going to be a published author!!! *screams* Her debut novel, 100 Days of Sunlight, is going to be released on August 7th. You're going to be hearing a lot more flailing from me on that topic over the next several months, but for now, just trust me when I say, it's going to be amazing. Head on over to her blog for more details on the ARC team, preorders, and all of the ridiculously exciting things that are to come.

(Y'all, MY FRIEND (and fairy squad mother) IS GOING TO BE AN AUTHOR I'M JUST GOING TO CRY NOW I'M SO FREAKING PROUD.)

-----

The First Impressions Project will always be one of my favorite series types to write. I just love getting to try to put such complex, beautiful people on the page. This girl right here was pure joy to write about, and I can't wait to share Kate on here next. (I decided to go alphabetically because there was absolutely no way to pick.) Tell me - what's your favorite thing about Abbie? And if you've yet to encounter this spectacular human here in the blogging world, check out her links below for tips on writing, productivity, music, and for a glimpse into her beautiful soul. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. ♥

↠↠ FOLLOW HER↞↞

B L O G


Y O U T U B E


I N S T A


P I N T E R E S T

13 comments:

  1. I love watching Abbie's YouTube channel! And I got to read a ARC of 100 Days of Sunlight!!!! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she just the best?? 100 Days is SO GOOD UGH. :''''') So glad you got to be on the ARC team!

      Delete
  2. Abbie is just so freaking amazing! Love this post. (And don't forget how freaking amazing you are, too, Grace Anne. Because you are. <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seriously is!! I love her so much. And wow, thank you so much, Ivie :') You're pretty freaking incredible yourself. <3

      Delete
  3. (Abbie - can we please have a How to Kill Life Like Abbie Emmons series??? I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.)

    Amazing post! You two are seriously amazing people. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEED IT SO DESPERATELY.

      Thank you so much, Nicole!! You're pretty amazing yourself. <3<3<3

      Delete
  4. honestly I can only aspire to meet both (/all three/all four) of you some day. It would actuallY be a dream come true. All of you are so inspiring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbie is such a precious human. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan