the most perfect day

Monday, April 29, 2019

Photo creds to the incredible Katie. Obsessed with her. ♥

So this happened. 

I can't quite pinpoint when exactly I first crossed paths with AbbieKate, and Mary Shelley. It had to have been sometime in 2015. I remember reading their blogs, and thinking that they seemed like ridiculously cool people, but not thinking much past that. It was spring of '16 when we really started talking, in a group chat of seven girls formed over, of all things, a breakfast food war. May 26th will mark three years of that group chat still going strong, and it has been one of the biggest blessings in a thousand different ways. 


As with most internet friendships, it wasn't long before we were dreaming of meeting up in person instead of just communicating through a screen. I can still remember being sprawled across the living room floor one sweet summer afternoon, sunshine bursting through the windows as we messaged back and forth, wondering how we could make it work. All seven of us, finally in one place. It was the most exciting dream, but despite our best efforts, that dream never quite made it to fruition.

Mary Shelley and I, however, realized quickly enough that, despite the vastness of the internet, we actually weren't too far away from each other. I still remember the moment that fell into place, and we started connecting the dots of mutual friends and shared experiences. April of '17 everything lined up, and a dream became a reality. Mary Shelley actually got to come see a show that I was in, and we finally became in-person friends, too. We've been able to go on lots of coffee dates since, and to this day she's one of my dearest friends with such a big piece of my heart. (peep the post that I wrote the summer after we first met.)

The first time that Abbie messaged me about actually trying to meet up, I'm pretty sure that I screamed. I was sitting in the floor at my grandparents' lake house, leaned up against the wrought iron bed in my room there. We tried a couple of times after that first message to make it work, but we were never able to sort out the logistics - we got so close, but the timing never worked out.


And then suddenly, this past winter, it all seemed to fall into place. Months became weeks, weeks became days, and before I knew it, I was power walking to a coffee shop where I knew that the Emmons sisters were waiting. I walked in, scanning the room before finally landing on their table. I ran over, and everything after that was pure bliss. We couldn't stop talking about how surreal it was, to go from seeing each other in Instagram stories and Youtube videos to sitting across the table from each other and talking about everything under the sun, laughing and taking pictures with pretty books.

The next day, once Mary Shelley was out of class and I got off of work, the four of us got together for dinner, and the whole world felt right. We wandered around the park, taking pictures to document the fact that we'd managed to get the four of us all in the same place at the same time, and then we went for pizza - we're all on team pineapple.

It was the absolute most soul-filling two days. It's hard to describe going from internet friends to in-person friends. It's the most surreal feeling, yet at the same time the most natural thing in the world, because you already know each other so well. We've gone through a lot together over the past three years, and I think that that's one of the most special things about the internet - you create bonds with people solely over who you are. You can't really be superficial about it, because you're simply connecting with another person. There's a level of honesty that comes from talking through a screen, and it leads to some of the most beautiful friendships.


These girls are so passionate, so driven, and just so completely lovely. They are some of the most inspiring people that I've ever known, with the biggest, most beautiful hearts. If the world was filled with more people like these three, we all would be a lot better off. Getting to spend time talking with them about their plans and projects and dreams is so beyond incredible. I am a firm believer that there is nothing better than spending time with people who are passionate about the same things that you are. These girls are so. ridiculously. talented. and getting to hear about all of the things that they're dreaming up was the highlight of my month. I cannot wait to see all that they do.

I could not be more grateful to have these three ladies in my life, to be able to talk with them and create alongside them and to be a part of their lives. Knowing them for the past three years has been the ultimate blessing, and the wait just made finally getting to hug them all the more special. As much as I've always wanted to meet them, the timing really did feel perfect. I am absolutely certain that it won't be the last time, but until then we'll keep rocking the long distance game, with lots of letters and packages, internet screaming and a heck of a lot of DM's. These girls have rocked my world in the best way possible, and if you have yet to be exposed to their incredible souls, you have no idea how much you have been missing out. Be sure that you follow them, because they are going to change the world.

If you remember my First Impressions Project, stay tuned for those coming soon. Writing them up was so much fun, and I can't wait for you to get a glimpse into the hearts of these girls. ♥


The most special of days, and the fullest of hearts. Gratitude upon gratitude that out of the millions upon millions of people to cross paths with on the internet, God gave me them. ♥


27 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds AMAZING, Grace! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love all these pictures, and it was sooo nice of you to write a post about this for us haha XD so excited when my online friends get to meet other online friends ;DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you enjoyed it!!!! :) I always love reading about friend meetups, too. They are so special!

      Delete
  3. OKAY WELL IF YOU NEED ME I WILL BE CRYING IN THE CORNER, GA.


    I am so blown away and beyond blessed that, as you so beautifully put it, out of the millions of people out there, OUR paths got to cross and WE GOT TO BE FRIENDS. You are one of the most beautiful, inspiring, encouraging souls I have ever encountered, and I am wholly convinced that there is nothing in this world you cannot do, Grace Anne. You are such a frickin amazing human being, and finally, FINALLY getting to meet you in person, HUG YOU (!!!!!) and become in-person-friends was like the biggest privilege. I am so happy and blessed to know you and to get to watch your amazing life journey unfold! It only goes up from here, girl!!! Your future's so bright, I need shades. B-) I love you immeasurably!!! And I will literally treasure this post forever and always. It seriously was the best day ever, and I cannot think about the time I spend with you and Mary Shelley without bursting out smiling so big. :') <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, KATE.

      You always manage to make me cry - I'm convinced that it's a gift. I am so so grateful to know you, and still cannot get over the fact that I GOT TO HUG YOU :') Spending those two days with you was the absolute most special thing. You are without a doubt one of the most encouraging, inspiring, brilliant people I have ever known, and I cannot believe that I get to have you as a friend!! YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. <3 Love you more than I can possibly say. <3

      Delete
  4. So epic! I've always dreamed and hoped to meet my dearest internet friends, and hopefully one day it will happen. This is such a cool thing to read about! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you are able to meet them one day!! It's one of the most incredible experiences in the world.

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! I'm so happy you all got to meet and hang out in real life. These blogging friendships we make are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are so precious! I could not be more grateful for them.

      Delete
  6. OKAY I'M CRYING.

    Your friendship means so much to me and I am so so grateful that the internet brought us together <3 I can't wait for so many more coffee dates!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! So so grateful to know you. Can't wait to hug you tight when you get back from your Arizona adventures. <3

      Delete
  7. GRACE ANNE I AM CRYING. <3 I was literally smiling so big while I read this post start to finish and MY HEART IS SO HAPPY WHEN I REMEMBER THAT THIS HAPPENED. It actually happened!! Getting to meet you and Mary Shelley was a freaking highlight of my entire life

    LOVE YOU BOTH AS MUCH AS MY SMILE INDICATES IN THAT LAST PICTURE <33333

    xx Abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe that it actually happened but IT DID!!! :') Literally one of the most special things in the entire world. I swear it was something out of a dream. :') <3

      I LOVE THAT PICTURE SO MUCH AND YOU TEN THOUSAND TIMES MORE <3<3<3<3<3

      Delete
  8. THESE PHOTOS ARE EVERYTHING. THIS POST IS EVERYTHING. YOU GIRLS ARE EVERYTHING. <333

    I need more content like this omw. :')

    xx Kenzie | www.paperpizzablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE EVERYTHING. <3<3<3

      Can the next meetup be with you please?? :')

      Delete
  9. GRACE ANN, THIS POST MAKES ME SMILE SO WIDE. Ya’ll are some of my favorite people on the internet, no joke.

    Anyway that’s all I have to say and these photos are precious, precious.

    hugs.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, KEIRA. <3<3<3

      You are one of the dearest people I've ever met here in the blogosphere and I can't wait for the day that I get to hug you. :') <3

      Delete
  10. THE MEET-UP ALL OF US WANTED BUT NO ONE DESERVED :')

    This is actually the sweetest; I love this post so much!! You all are actually the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID NOT DESERVE THIS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE BUT I STILL CRY THINKING OF IT :')

      I love you so much, Hanne!!!!

      Delete
  11. this fills me with so much joy. I am so happy for you girls :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosie!! :') Couldn't help thinking of you and Kenzie's iconic meetup as I was writing all of this up. :') <3

      Delete
  12. Could not be happier for favorite people! This is so sweet. AWWH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan