Thankfulness Thursday IV - Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 22, 2018


Happy Thanksgiving! ♥

Per usual, it's been a quiet Thanksgiving around here, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanksgiving for us always begins with watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and is followed with spending the rest of the day with family and way too much food. We've started to get Christmas decorations out, and I think that it's safe to say that the holiday season is officially in full swing. Despite the fact that I've been listening to Christmas music since August for my dance classes, it feels like the season snuck up on us so quickly this year, but I'm ready to throw myself headfirst into the Christmas preparations. Thanksgiving always feels like the calm before the storm, a day to rest and reset before the final stretch of the year, and I kind of love it. 

For last year's Thanksgiving Thankfulness Thursday post, I talked about what I was thankful for over the course of the past year, and I decided to continue the tradition. It's always nice to take a step back and look at the big picture of it all, don't you think? 

-----

When I think over everything that I'm thankful for from 2018, the main theme that comes up over and over again is that I am just so ridiculously grateful for the people in my life. Every single one of my favorite memories is near and dear to my heart entirely because of the people involved. On top of the amazing family that I already have, Jesus has given me the best "adopted family" I could have ever asked for, and I'm so grateful for all of the pieces of home that I have scattered in every direction. I so don't deserve such wonderful people, but I love them with my whole heart. 

I am thankful for theatre, and the massive gift that it is in my life. It's not an easy art to love, but it's been the thing that has shaped me more than any other, and I wouldn't want to live in a world without it. I'm so beyond grateful to now not only love it, but have the opportunity to have a job in it as well. I'm so grateful for people who believe in me enough to give me the chance to do what I love.

I am thankful for the internet, and for the community that we've created here. Even when life is crazy and steps back have to be taken, I always return to this space so grateful to have somewhere that we can all do what we love surrounded by some of the most incredible people on the planet. Through the internet, I've gotten to know people with incredible drive and ambition and dreams, people who are creating SUCH COOL THINGS, and who also make the absolute best friends. People who pray for you and encourage you, people who always make your day brighter and who help you when you feel like you're drowning. You guys are such a bright spot in my day, and I love you all so much.

I am thankful for senior spring, and the wildly beautiful ride that it was. It was so hard, but amidst the stress and the overwhelm, it was a season of grace upon grace upon grace.

I am thankful that while we live in a world that's so messy and screwed up and broken, we also live in a world that has sunsets and music and art and warm blankets and all of the wonderful little things that make the mess a little more bearable. I'm thankful for simple bright spots in the midst of mundanity, and for the fact that they leave room for optimism when it's not immediately the easiest to find. 

Primarily, I am thankful for a God who continues to teach me new things every day, who cares about every detail of my life and answers prayers in ways I would have never dreamed of. Over the course of this past year, I have seen prayer after prayer answered, and I am consistently overwhelmed with gratitude for that. I'm grateful for His consistency, patience, and love, His goodness and His faithfulness, and for how He has blessed me a thousand times over what I deserve. 

-----

Thankfulness Thursday Friends ♥

-----

In case you missed it...


-----

What are you thankful for this year?




13 comments:

  1. I love watching the parade and dog show on thanksgiving! Truly, there is so much to be thankful for!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! We also watch the parade and hang with the family. I'm also really really thankful for my friends and just the amazing people in my life.

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm so grateful for all of the pieces of home that I have scattered in every direction." What a beautiful way to put it! Love that. I'm thankful for all the beautiful scented candles, warm sweaters and all the books in my To Be Read pile, lol. :) I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the best things! I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful, Erin. <3

      Delete
  4. You have summed up everything I'd write if I was asked to list all the things I'm most grateful for in 2018.

    I feel the same way about this online community. YOU ARE ALL THE GREATEST and I appreciate you a lot a lot.


    cheers.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this blogpost!! Sometimes, we just have to take a step back and appreciate all the wonderful blessings we have in our lives. I especially am thankful for my family, friends, food, and faith. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are such wonderful things to be grateful for!

      Delete
  6. So glad to have done this series with you this year! <3 Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan