Happy April!

Friday, April 1, 2016



Happy April, everyone!! How in heaven's name is it already April? I really can't believe it. TIME I'M BEGGING YOU COULD YOU JUST SLOW DOWN A LITTLE? IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK??

March was a good month, super fun and exciting, despite being extremely busy and stressful. We had our first show, and it was so amazing. I miss it so much!! It was one of the best shows that I've been a part of in a really long time. I was running around like a crazy person- I was dance captain, stage crew, helped with hair and makeup, and ended up being in two numbers. But it was so, so much fun. 


The show really took up most of the month. Before I knew it, Easter rolled around! Then we've been on spring break the past week, which has been really nice. Having a chance to unwind and get some school done, hang out with friends, etc., has just been a great break from everything. I wish that it could last longer!! 

April is going to be absolute insanity. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I have another show coming up, that I'm a part of. I'm in the ensemble, and it's going to be so much fun, but rehearsals will be intense. Prom is also this month, as well as a wedding. Add school, friends, and a bunch of family stuff on top of that and I'm going to be drowning! I'm excited, though. It'll be a fun month. Just super crazy. If I get supremely  a little behind in the blogging world, that's why!! 

Speaking of which, I'm not exactly sure what April will hold, blogging-wise. I have a couple of posts worked up, but I don't have a full schedule yet. Hopefully I'll get that together in the next few days. I do have a couple of exciting things coming up, though, that I'm hoping you'll all like! My goal is to get more than eight posts up, despite the busyness. The last two months I've only done eight, and I'd like to do more than that. So we'll see how that goes!!

- - - - -

Resolutions time...yikes. 

-Get further into NCIS- Well, I don't remember where I was in the series at the beginning of the month, but I've reached the season one finale! So I guess that's further in. 

-Make a stricter blogging plan/schedule- I did make a schedule for March, although it wasn't quite as concrete as I'd have liked. Hopefully I'll make a better one for April.

-Get caught up on school- Ha. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *cries*

-Start sharing posts from my trip to New York- I WAS SO CLOSE! I literally have a post drafted it just didn't make it out yet. *sigh*

-Write 4 more chapters of my novel- THREEEE. I WAS ONE AWAY. *drowns sorrows in leftover Easter cheesecake*

-Start hand lettering again- I didn't letter a ton, but I have done a bit, which is nice. Hand lettering is always so relaxing, I love it. I wish I had the time to do it more often!

-Get into a better exercise regimen- Psh. I wish. Which, I've been going to so many dance rehearsals that I guess that's a pretty good amount of exercise. I'd like to get into yoga again, though, so maybe I'll try that this month. 

- - - - -

Now, April's resolutions!

// Publish at least one New York post

// Publish at least nine posts here on the blog

// Get caught up on school (*prays*)

// Start doing yoga again

// Reach 45 followers..I know that follower count really doesn't matter, but I've had a few more awesome people join lately, and I'd love to hit 45 this month!

// Read at least three books for fun

// Journal more regularly
- - - - -

How was YOUR April? What are YOU looking forward to this month? What have you been up to lately? Do YOU have any monthly resolutions? How was YOUR Easter? Have you been enjoying Spring Break? TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LIFE! 

16 comments:

  1. Happy April. The time does fly indeed. I hooe you can achieve ur goals this month.
    One of my resolutions this year was to read more books and thank God i am doing really well so far Im glad. I also would love to get back into my exercising so hopefully that works out.
    New follower here. Just found ur blog and love it. Would love it if u could check out mine.

    Joanny😊
    imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I!
      What books have you been reading? I'm always looking for some new recommendations!
      Welcome to the craziness! Haha! I'll definitely be over at your blog very soon:)

      Delete
  2. NEW YORK?! PLEASE PUBLISH!!! I've always wanted to go there and I would absolutely LOVE to see some posts about it (I hope you took pictures!).
    March was pretty good, it went by SO quickly though! I had my spring break the week before Easter, so I think I've been at school for a total of like 10 days this month!
    This month I want to focus on GETTING STUFF DONE. There are so many things that I've wanted to do for ages and I've just never made time for. BRING IT ON APRIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Emily, I have SO many photos. I'm kind of an obsessive photographer haha. No worries! A huge photo dump is definitely coming. xD
      Ahhh that's so awesome! The less school the better, in my mind at least haha.
      YES. WATCH OUT APRIL, WE'RE COMING FOR YA!

      Delete
  3. How IS it April already?! That's just insane. It sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you, but I bet it will be the bomb! And if missing your novel chapter writing goal by only one chapter results in yummy cheesecake, then sign me up! Cheesecake is the best <3 I love the beautiful pink font, by the way! So cheery and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the faintest idea. It's so crazy. Haha, I sure hope so!! YESSSS, it definitely is. Excuse me while I miss all my goals and eat cheesecake. Oh, thank you so much! I'm glad that you like it:)

      Delete
  4. Hey! I tagged you for the Text Tag on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. I was stupid on April Fool's Day...I pulled a really bad joke on my best friend, and i think that I hurt him, completely unintentionally. I've hated myself since. What do I do? He's acting like it didn't matter. But, I know I caught him off-guard...and might have scared him just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, if he's acting like it didn't matter, you might just be overthinking. I would say that if you really feel bad about it, just apologize and then move on.

      Delete
    2. True. What do I do about an overly protective parent? You see, in a way I'm trying to make it up to my friend by maybe taking him to a show. But, my mom says I might not be able to. I looked at the calendar, there is only one day where I can't. I don't know what she is thinking I'm trying to do. We're only going as friends. But, she doesn't think so...point is he has a crush on one of the girls in that cast and I'm friends with everyone in the cast minus two people. I don't get her deal.

      Delete
  6. Time. I feel like we are always trying to beat it, catch up to it, or waste it. Oh, if we could only learn to live in it, savor it, and take joy in it.

    sorry, didnt mean to preach at you...

    But anyway, these shows sound amazing! You should do a post about them! And April is busy for me as well, considering that recital is at the end of the month and finals follow closely behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no, I love your wise words, Hannah! Never apologize haha.

      Hmm, I really should! I'm sure that I could ramble forever about them haha. Oh my goodness, recital and finals! That's very busy! I hope that your April is wonderful:) <3

      Delete
  7. HEYYY! You have 45 followers on GFC. Boom, four days into April and you already met one of your goals. *highfives*

    And everyone says that follower counts don't matter, and they kinda don't, but I think everyone keeps track of them anyways. So don't feel back. I'm totally guilty of that. xD

    WE GOT APRIL. *joins hands and battle cries*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *highfives* Oh my goodness, yay! I'm never that quick on checking off goals xD

      Yeahhhh, I think all of us bloggers are guilty of secretly watching that little follower number haha. Bloggers unite!!

      YES!!! *war dances*

      Delete

♥ Comments brighten my day- I'd love to chat ♥

CopyRight Grace Anne Johnson 2024 © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan